201628.09.16 Scarlett Coten receives the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 French photographer Scarlett Coten is honoured with the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 for her series of photos entitled ‘Mectoub’. The winner of the Newcomer Award is photographer Clémentine Schneidermann with the photos of her project ‘The Unbearable, the Sadness and the Rest’
- 28.09.16 Refined quality: Leica presents a collection of premium leather accessories Leica Camera AG presents a new collection of elegant leather accessories. The portfolio comprises a notebook case, three different Smartphone slipcases, two different pen cases and a credit card and business card wallet. Each of the leather accessories is painstakingly crafted and perfectly finished by hand. The use of only the best, finely structured Nappa leather ensures their wonderful looks and a delightful haptic experience. Equally delighting details like subtle contrast stitching in red, the embossed Leica logo on the front and the quality seal ‘Handmade in Germany’ on the back, lend each item the perfect finishing touches.
- 23.09.16 Leica Camera and HUAWEI Establish New R&D Center HUAWEI and Leica Camera AG today announced they have expanded their strategic collaboration with the establishment of a jointly operated research and innovation center, the Max Berek Innovation Lab. The launch comes seven months after the public announcement of their long-term technology partnership in the field of optical engineering, and five months after the launch of the globally successful, multiple-award winning HUAWEI P9 and P9 Plus smartphones.
- 21.09.16 Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe continue their long-standing collaboration with a focus on next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe (SNEU) have signed a confirmation of good cooperation for the continuation of their long-standing and successful collaboration. The focus of the partnership will be set on the ongoing development of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions.
- 20.09.16 The latest issue of S Magazine shows fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth With the multiple-award-winning S Magazine, Leica provides an international platform for young talents and established photographers to show their work shot with the Leica S medium format camera. Every issue contains pages of powerful images and shows unusual facets and fascinating perspectives. Issue No. 8 of the magazine appears punctually to the start of photokina with fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth.
- 19.09.16 Leica intensifies its focus on the professional segment with a new business unit and an extensive range of services The Leica presence at photokina 2016 in Cologne focuses primarily on professional photography and the corresponding needs of professional users. With this year’s stand concept, Leica Camera AG intensifies the emphasis on the newly implemented business unit Professional, the objective of which is to expand and bundle integrated product solutions and innovative usage scenarios for professional photography and video production.
- 19.09.16 New lenses expand the Leica SL-System The mirrorless Leica SL-System successfully launched in October 2015 underlines the positioning of Leica Camera AG as a premium-segment provider of professional tools and services for all areas of photography. Its impressive electronic viewfinder features EyeRes technology, a concept developed by Leica especially for this camera. With a latency time below the threshold of perception, an impressive resolution of 4.4 million pixels and magnification reminiscent of a medium format camera, this electronic viewfinder offers an entirely new visual experience Whether shooting still pictures or Cine 4K video, the 24 MP resolution of the camera’s full-frame sensor makes no compromises in terms of imaging quality. At the same time, the Leica SL sets entirely new standards with its intuitive handling concept, logically positioned, individually configurable controls and outstanding versatility. Reasons enough for the top ratings and outstanding reviews the dust and spray sealed camera received not only from its users, but also from specialist photographic and technical media around the world.
- 16.09.16 The Leica SL mirrorless camera plays important role in a NASA space mission Leica on a mission in space: on 17 August 2016, a sounding rocket from the RockSat-X program launched from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility (Virginia, USA) – also on board was a Leica SL camera. The payload of the rocket consisted of a number of modules with experiments devised by the students of various US universities that were to be conducted under the exceptional conditions of suborbital flight. The students of the University of Puerto Rico chose the mirrorless Leica SL system camera as a part of their module for research into high-density particles primarily because of its outstanding performance and robust construction.
- 15.09.16 Leica SOFORT makes photography tangible Leica Camera AG proudly presents the latest member of its camera family: the Leica SOFORT. The versatile instant picture camera features a unique Leica design and special features, offers quick and easy access to photography and the fascination and unique experience of spontaneous photos that can be seen and shared in seconds. At the same time, Leica brings its photographic expertise and commitment to creativity, ease of handling and quality to the world of Instax instant photography. The creative scope offered by the Leica SOFORT provides opportunities to rediscover instant photography and create small, haptic works of art and lasting memories. It will be celebrating its first public appearance at photokina 2016.
- 14.09.16 The new special edition in distinctive design: the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set With the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set, Leica Camera AG adds a new limited edition camera to the Leica rangefinder system portfolio. This is the fifth annual edition to be made with titanium, a metal that lends the camera and lens set a particularly distinctive and refined look. The set consists of a Leica M-P digital camera (Typ 240) and two lenses – a Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and a Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. – and will be offered in a strictly limited edition of 333 examples.