201628.07.16 New software and firmware updates for the LEICA SL improve the tethered shooting workflow Available from today – firmware update 2.1 and the software solutions Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 and the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 for the mirrorless Leica SL further improve the professional workflow for the camera system. Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware and software or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by the free update installation service offered in all Leica Stores.
Ara Güler receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award
The lifework of the famous Magnum photographer Ara Güler will be honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award and his photography will be celebrated by a major exhibition in the Leica Masters of Photography Gallery in the course of photokina 2016.
Ara Güler, arguably Turkey’s most eminent photographer, impressively portrayed life in the city of Istanbul, his birthplace and home, for over 60 years. He is world famous for his incomparable black-and-white images of the metropolis on the shores of the Bosporus from the 1950s and 1960s. Ara Güler (87) is also well known for his work as a reporter and photojournalist covering political affairs around the world and for his photographic interviews with many prominent politicians and artists of the period.
LEICA Q firmware update 2.0 offers numerous new features
The latest firmware update for the Leica Q is available now as a download from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com). Owners can update their camera with firmware update 2.0 and enjoy the benefits of numerous new features. Leica works constantly in close collaboration with users on the further development and optimisation of its products. Due to this policy, a number of improvements in this latest firmware update for the Leica Q are based on the recommendations and suggestions of our customers.
- 20.07.16 Leica at photokina 2016 The focus of the Leica presence this year at photokina 2016 in Cologne will be on professional photography and the needs of professional users – and on the unique exhibition of photography in Hall 1 that Leica will be presenting as ‘Official Photography Partner of photokina 2016’.
- 19.07.16 LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is now also available in silver anodized finish As of today, the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. is now also available in a silver anodized version. Thanks to the perfect interaction of all parameters, from optical design and choice of materials to sophisticated and elaborate manufacturing and finishing, this high-performance lens is considered to be the reference lens amongst standard focal lengths. It impresses with exceptional imaging performance and sharpness that captures and resolves even the finest details.
- 06.07.16 Master of Photography: Leica and Sky Arts Search for Europe’s Best Photographer Leica Camera AG, the German premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products, is Sky Arts’ exclusive technical provider for Master of Photography, the first dedicated TV talent show for photography, to be broadcast from the 21st of July in Italy on Sky Arte HD, in the UK and Ireland on Sky Arts and in Germany and Austria on Sky Arts HD. A new unique international production, that aims to promote and enhance photography in all its forms of expression, through the TV medium.
- 01.07.16 New: the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R compact laser rangefinder With the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R, Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents a new laser rangefinder. Its versatility, compact size and essential ballistic functions make the CRF 1600-R and its expanded technical features the ideal model for hunters who attach importance to reliable distance measurement and the determination of the equivalent horizontal range.
- 30.06.16 Leica celebrates the 10th anniversary of the digital rangefinder camera It is now ten years since Leica Camera AG brought M-Photography into the digital age and set an important milestone within the legendary Leica M rangefinder system. The company is now celebrating the 10th anniversary of this event with attractive offers on products from the Leica M portfolio.
- 23.06.16 Leica M Monochrom expands the M à la carte programme and is now available for the first time in silver chrome finish Leica Camera AG has expanded the successful Leica à la carte programme – an opportunity for personalising Leica cameras – and now offers an entire range of personalisation options for the Leica M Monochrom digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor. Interested owners can take advantage of the diverse combination options for the creation of the camera of their dreams.
- 16.06.16 The exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Ghent Following its enormous success in Germany and Austria, the spectacular exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Belgium on the next stop of its tour and can be seen in the exhibition centre of St. Peter’s Abbey in Ghent from 17 June to 14 August. More than 350 original prints are being shown in St. Peter’s Abbey. Photographs by Robert Capa, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nick Út, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Robert Lebeck, Julia Baier and François Fontaine document significant moments in the history of art and culture from 1914 to the present day. As an homage to Belgian Leica photography, works by Harry Gruyaert, Gaël Turine and Michel Vanden Eeckhoudt will be shown exclusively at this exhibition.