201619.09.16 New lenses expand the Leica SL-System The mirrorless Leica SL-System successfully launched in October 2015 underlines the positioning of Leica Camera AG as a premium-segment provider of professional tools and services for all areas of photography. Its impressive electronic viewfinder features EyeRes technology, a concept developed by Leica especially for this camera. With a latency time below the threshold of perception, an impressive resolution of 4.4 million pixels and magnification reminiscent of a medium format camera, this electronic viewfinder offers an entirely new visual experience Whether shooting still pictures or Cine 4K video, the 24 MP resolution of the camera’s full-frame sensor makes no compromises in terms of imaging quality. At the same time, the Leica SL sets entirely new standards with its intuitive handling concept, logically positioned, individually configurable controls and outstanding versatility. Reasons enough for the top ratings and outstanding reviews the dust and spray sealed camera received not only from its users, but also from specialist photographic and technical media around the world.
- 16.09.16 The Leica SL mirrorless camera plays important role in a NASA space mission Leica on a mission in space: on 17 August 2016, a sounding rocket from the RockSat-X program launched from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility (Virginia, USA) – also on board was a Leica SL camera. The payload of the rocket consisted of a number of modules with experiments devised by the students of various US universities that were to be conducted under the exceptional conditions of suborbital flight. The students of the University of Puerto Rico chose the mirrorless Leica SL system camera as a part of their module for research into high-density particles primarily because of its outstanding performance and robust construction.
- 15.09.16 Leica SOFORT makes photography tangible Leica Camera AG proudly presents the latest member of its camera family: the Leica SOFORT. The versatile instant picture camera features a unique Leica design and special features, offers quick and easy access to photography and the fascination and unique experience of spontaneous photos that can be seen and shared in seconds. At the same time, Leica brings its photographic expertise and commitment to creativity, ease of handling and quality to the world of Instax instant photography. The creative scope offered by the Leica SOFORT provides opportunities to rediscover instant photography and create small, haptic works of art and lasting memories. It will be celebrating its first public appearance at photokina 2016.
- 14.09.16 The new special edition in distinctive design: the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set With the Leica M-P ‘TITANIUM’ Set, Leica Camera AG adds a new limited edition camera to the Leica rangefinder system portfolio. This is the fifth annual edition to be made with titanium, a metal that lends the camera and lens set a particularly distinctive and refined look. The set consists of a Leica M-P digital camera (Typ 240) and two lenses – a Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and a Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. – and will be offered in a strictly limited edition of 333 examples.
- 13.09.16 New firmware updates for Leica S cameras can be downloaded now New firmware updates are available for the following Leica S-System cameras – Leica S (Typ 007) and Leica S/S-E (Typ 006). Registered camera owners can log in to the Leica Owner’s Area at (https://owners.leica-camera.com) and download the new firmware 126.96.36.199 (Leica S) and 2.5.0 (Leica S/S-E) or take their camera to a Leica Store for a free update and expert advice on Leica products.
- 02.09.16 Leica partners with PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai 2016 For the second year running, Leica Camera AG is the partner of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai, which will be held from 9 to 11 September 2016 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center (SEC). With 50 international galleries from 15 countries represented this year, the art fair in the Chinese mega-city is one of the most prominent and prestigious fairs dedicated to photography in Asia. Under the exhibition title ‘Visual Stories on China: Leica photography from 1933 until now’, the Leica Gallery will be showing impressive photographs by Marc Riboud, Wulf-Diether Count of Castell-Rüdenhausen, Ian Teh and Liu Jiangling.
- 02.09.16 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B – the first compact laser rangefinder capable of precise measurement of distances up to 1825 meters/2000 yards. In addition to increasing the maximum range, Leica has also added a number of useful functions to the high-precision ABC™ ballistics system. With these new features, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2000-B has now established itself firmly at the top of the class of compact laser rangefinders for the hunting segment.
A new addition to the Leica T lens portfolio: the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. prime lens is available from today
As of today, a new prime lens is available for the Leica T camera system – the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. This macro lens is considered to be the reference lens in the APS-C segment. It delivers macro exposures with a reproduction ratio of 1:1 and impresses with best imaging performance. Just like the Leica Summilux-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH., the Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is available in a choice of black or silver.
- 30.08.16 Masters of Photography: The Leica Gallery in Hall 1 at photokina 2016 presents a varied exhibition and stage programme As ‘Official Photography Partner of photokina 2016’, Leica Camera AG will be presenting the impressive ‘Masters of Photography’ exhibition in an almost 2,000 square metre Leica Gallery in Hall 1 of the fair with a total of 15 series of pictures and more than 400 photographs by acclaimed Leica S, SL, and M photographers. In addition to this, Leica Camera AG will be presenting the exhibition with the title ‘Upcoming Masters’ in a separate section of the gallery – this exhibition is the result of a collaboration between Leica, the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Photographie (DGPh – the German Photographic Society) and the Photoindustrie-Verband (PIV – The Imaging Association).
- 19.08.16 The New Leica NOCTIVID More than a century of expertise in optical design and construction are the basis upon which Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) has created a new and revolutionary generation of Leica binoculars: the Leica NOCTIVID family. These high-end binoculars represent a revolution in the field of viewing optics and offer discerning bird-watchers and wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts previously unimagined quality.