201615.06.16 'Leica Oskar Barnack Award’: the jury has reached its verdict The jury of prominent international experts has chosen the twelve finalists of this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’. The complete portfolios in the categories ’Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award’ can now be viewed at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
Ground broken for third phase of construction at the Leitz Park Wetzlar
The next step on the way from a vision to a reality: today, the breaking of the ground for the third phase of the Leitz Park complex is the next big step forward in the development of Wetzlar as a location for innovation and manufacturing and as the foremost centre of the optical industry in Germany. Today, around 250 invited guests, among them Dr. Christoph Ullrich, President of the Giessen administrative district, Manfred Wagner, Mayor of the City of Wetzlar and Wolfgang Schuster, District Administrator of the Lahn-Dill region, joined Dr. Andreas Kaufmann, majority shareholder and chairman of the advisory board of Leica Camera AG, and Oliver Kaltner, chairman of the executive board of Leica Camera AG, to celebrate the expansion of the Schanzenfeld site at the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar.
- 03.06.16 Leica Camera AG further expands its presence in the growth market Greater China In the course of its global growth and expansion strategy, Leica Camera AG has opened a new chapter of the story in Greater China. 1925 saw the first delivery of a Leica camera to Beijing and the long-established German company has maintained a successful presence in China with a marketing and distribution partner for its world-renowned cameras and sport optics products since the late twenties.
- 02.06.16 The new Leica S-Adapter L enables the use of S-lenses on the Leica SL The Leica S-Adapter L for the Leica SL mirrorless camera system is available from today. This adapter further expands the range of lenses that can be used with the Leica SL to include those of the Leica S medium format camera system.
- 01.06.16 Leica Digiscopingset Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents a new, innovative all-inclusive solution in the digiscoping sector that transforms wildlife photography into an incomparable and shareable experience. From June 2016, Leica will be offering exceptionally attractive digiscoping packages at unbeatable discounted prices.
- 24.05.16 Submission phase of the prestigious international competition ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ recently closed with a record number of entries In the course of the new alignment and revitalisation of the long-established traditions of the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’, the twelve finalists in the categories ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award’ will be able to look forward to a rather special award-giving ceremony: The international photographic competition, held every year since 1979, is returning to Germany. The announcement of the winners of both categories will take place on 28 September 2016 in the course of a gala event and exhibition opening in Berlin.
- 10.05.16 Leica Rarities and Historical Camera Technology: Focus of the 29th WestLicht Camera Auction Once again, the WestLicht Auction House in Vienna offers numerous rarities of the Leitz/Leica brands at its upcoming camera auction, starting at 11 am on June 11, 2016. Among the highlights of the auction lots are the Leica M3 with the serial number 700004, built in 1954. The camera, still in its original condition, is the 4th M camera produced in series; after the M3 No. 700001, previously auctioned by WestLicht for € 900,000, it is the earliest M3 known to exist. This recently-discovered camera is estimated to fetch € 50,000 to € 60,000.
- 03.05.16 Leica partners with Photo London 2016 Leica Camera AG today announced that it has become an Official Partner of the second annual Photo London fair, which takes place from 19-22 May 2016 at Somerset House, London. As part of this special collaboration, which sees Leica partnering with Photo London for the first time, the company will present an outstanding body of international photography entitled ‘Alex Webb: Selections’, which incorporates a collection of powerful, intense colour street photographs by the renowned Magnum photographer, and has been personally chosen by Webb for the prestigious event.
- 02.05.16 LEICA SL voted the ‘Best Premium Camera’ at the 2016 TIPA Awards The Leica SL mirrorless camera system has been honoured with the 2016 TIPA Award as the ‘Best Premium Camera’. Launched in October 2015, the Leica SL convinced an international jury of editors from leading photographic magazines with the new standards it sets in terms of speed, imaging performance, versatility and innovation in best Leica quality. The presentation of the TIPA Awards, now in its 26th year, will take place on 20 September 2016 in the course of the photokina fair in Cologne.
- 29.04.16 New firmware updates for Leica M cameras are now available Leica Camera AG has released new firmware updates for the current models of the Leica M family. Registered camera owners can now download firmware version 126.96.36.199 for the Leica M/M-P (Typ 240), firmware version 188.8.131.52 for the Leica M (Typ 262) and firmware version 184.108.40.206 for the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com) or take their camera to a Leica Store for a free update and receive answers to any questions they may have.