201502.06.15 New: LEICA SUMMILUX-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH. With the Leica Summilux-M 28 mm f/1.4 ASPH., Leica Camera expands the lens portfolio of the Leica M-System with a new high-speed wide-angle lens. This is the first Leica M lens ever to combine an initial aperture of f/1.4 with the popular 28 mm standard focal length. This makes it ideal not only for photojournalism, but also for architecture and landscapes and in all lighting situations. The fast initial aperture in this class of focal lengths enables unparalleled imaging effects.
- 30.04.15 New: LEICA M MONOCHROM – maximum picture quality in black and white Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is taking the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept for the Leica M rangefinder camera system and presents the new Leica M Monochrom (Type 246).
- 02.04.15 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015: the finalists have been chosen The outstanding portfolios of the 50 finalists of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 and the 20 finalists of the der Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2015 can be viewed now at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
- 30.03.15 Silke Bernhardt joins Leica Camera AG as the company’s new global director for corporate communications With effect from 1 April 2015, Silke Bernhardt (44) will be assuming the position of global director for corporate communications at Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar.
- 19.03.15 Sandra Sczesny appointed Global Director for Marketing and Communications at Leica Camera AG With effect from 1 April, 2015, Sandra Sczesny (44) will be assuming the newly created position of Global Director for Marketing and Communications at Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar.
- 09.03.15 Flash by Lenny Kravitz The exhibition Flash by Lenny Kravitz celebrated its premiere at the Leica Gallery in Los Angeles.
- 06.03.15 Leica Camera presents innovative accessories for Leica spotting scopes at IWA in Nuremberg Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents practical accessories for Leica spotting scopes at IWA OutdoorClassics in Nuremberg.
- 03.03.15 2015 iF DESIGN AWARD winner: the Leica T scoops the iF Gold Award Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has received awards for two of its products at this year’s iF DESIGN AWARD ceremony.
- 03.03.15 Oliver Kaltner appointed chairman of the Executive Board at Leica Camera AG The Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG has appointed Oliver Kaltner (46) as the new chairman of the executive board with effect from 1 April 2015.
- 26.02.15 New: LEICA M-P ‘Safari’ special edition set in olive green Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the new Leica M-P ‘Safari’ special edition set. The set contains a Leica M-P digital rangefinder camera in olive green safari-look and a fast Leica Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens in silver chrome finish.