201816.10.18 The 33rd WestLicht Camera Auction on 24 November 2018 once again offers numerous Leica rarities On 24 November 2018, the latest auction at the WestLicht auction rooms in Vienna will again be offering numerous rarities from the worlds of Leitz / Leica. Among the highlights of the more than 500 lots, bidders will find the Leica M2 used by the famous US combat photographer Sean Flynn, son of the Hollywood legend Errol Flynn. The camera accompanied him not only on his assignments in the Vietnam war, but also in the civil war in neighbouring Cambodia, the Six Days War in Israel and on his travels throughout Indonesia or Europe.
- 10.10.18 Leica Q ‘Khaki’: New special edition with khaki-coloured leather trim, classic Leica script and proven camera features Leica Camera AG is now offering the Leica Q high-performance compact camera with a full-frame sensor and a fast prime lens as a limited special edition. Featuring premium real leather trim in khaki, the new camera stands out from the previously released classic models and sets a colourful highlight in the Leica Q family. The engraving of the classic Leica script on the top plate of this special edition is also filled in matching khaki. A carrying strap in the same colour underlines the stylish design of the silver camera body and lends the special edition a look reminiscent of the classic Leica M ‘Safari’ models.
- 25.09.18 The Leitz-Park in Wetzlar: A unique experience and a source of inspiration The focus of Leica’s appearance at photokina 2018 in Cologne is not only set on the extremely diverse product portfolio of the traditional manufacturer from Wetzlar, but also on the Leitz-Park itself. At Leica, everything has always revolved around the picture, the school of visualisation, the history of photography, the vibrancy of photographic culture and the people behind the cameras – in other words, DAS WESENTLICHE. Since the opening of the Leitz-Park complex on 15 June 2018, all this has now become a visible and tangible experience.
- 25.09.18 Leica FOTOS: universal app for smartphones enters public testing phase in time for photokina 2018 Leica Camera AG today announces an entirely new photo app for Leica cameras – Leica FOTOS. As everyday companions, today’s smartphones handle a number of tasks in a single device. Alongside the usual functions, photographers often also wish to have mobile digital image processing, image management and options for sharing their pictures onboard. In the past, Leica Camera offered a wide range of apps that could be downloaded and installed for various different cameras. As of now, the Leica FOTOS app replaces them all.
- 25.09.18 Alternative design option for the Leica CL Leica Camera AG has expanded the product portfolio of the APS-C system and is now offering a second design option of the Leica CL compact system camera in silver. Inspired by the iconic design of the black CL, the new design option is distinguished by its classical combination of black and silver elements. The top deck and the baseplate are silver anodised and create a distinctive contrast to the black of the leather trim. The control elements of the top deck are also finished in silver and ideally complement the elegant appearance of the camera. To improve handling, a colour-matched thumb rest is now also available in silver as an accessory for the new model.
- 25.09.18 Leica S3: on the occasion of the tenth anniversary, Leica Camera presents the latest model in the Leica S medium format system Ten years ago, Leica Camera presented an entirely new medium format camera, the S2. Although essentially the size of a conventional DSLR, the camera was built around a considerably larger sensor. Now, on the occasion of this anniversary, Leica Camera AG has launched the Leica S3. In addition to the most obvious improvement – an increase in resolution from 37.5 to 64 megapixels – the medium format camera features a number of technological advances, above all in the details.
- 25.09.18 The L-Mount Alliance: a strategic cooperation between Leica Camera, Panasonic and Sigma At the company’s press conference prior to the opening of photokina 2018, Leica Camera AG, Panasonic and Sigma announced a strategic partnership. The ‘L-Mount Alliance’ is a previously unparalleled form of collaboration that will particularly benefit the customers of all three partners. The collaboration enables Panasonic and Sigma to make use of the L-Mount standard developed by Leica for their own developments and to offer both cameras and lenses utilising this lens mount. As a joint effort of all three partners, this alliance will increase the importance of the L-Mount technology to the world of photography even further.
- 21.09.18 New colour option: from today, the versatile Leica SOFORT instant picture camera is now also available in black The latest addition to the Leica instant picture camera portfolio is a black version of the Leica SOFORT. Alongside the models in White and Mint, Leica is now offering the camera in matt black finish with the same popular features and functions of the existing models. Created by the Leica Design Team, all versions of the Leica SOFORT share the same unmistakeable looks. A special highlight of the black version is that at the product name SOFORT is picked out in white lettering around the camera body.
- 11.09.18 Leica is once again photography partner of PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai As the official photography partner for the fourth time in succession, Leica Camera AG will be presenting a multifaceted exhibition of images from the genre fashion photography at this year’s PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai (from 21 to 23 September 2018). With the works by Frank Horvat, Leica Camera AG is exhibiting photographs by one of the most influential photographers of the 20th century, whose fame is above all founded on his innovative contribution to fashion photography.
- 07.09.18 A new design for an elegant classic The Leica Ultravid 8x20 and 10x25 have already become style classics, combining outstanding optical performance, extreme compactness and high-quality materials. Now Leica has improved essential details on both the black and the silver anodized compact binoculars. Featuring black leather applications, the Leica Ultravid binoculars are available in 8x20 and 10x25 magnifications, with housings in either silver or black.