201401.12.14 Nikolaustag im Leitz-Park Wetzlar: Mit Weihnachtsaktionen, professionellen Fotoshootings und kulinarischen Höhepunkten Die Leica Camera AG bietet am Samstag, den 6. Dezember 2014, im Leica Store im Leitz-Park Wetzlar besondere Angebote zum Nikolaustag.
- 18.11.14 Leica Camera AG licenses Patent Portfolio of Intellectual Ventures Leica Camera AG has licensed a patent portfolio of Intellectual Ventures™ (IV) to strengthen the existing intellectual property (IP) strategy and position of Leica Camera.
- 06.11.14 New Leica wall calendar for 2015 With images by Thomas Hoepker, winner of the Leica Hall of Fame Award 2014 Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new wall calendar for 2015. As in the previous year, this year’s calendar is also dedicated to the winner of the Leica Hall of Fame Award. In the 60th anniversary year of the Leica M-System, the award went to Thomas Hoepker, a Leica M photographer who captured events of contemporary history and made a decisive contribution to reportage photography in the second half of the 20th century. The 2015 Leica wall calendar contains a selection of 13 of his images (in colour and in black and white) from his career as a photographer that is also celebrating its 60th anniversary.
- 05.11.14 The perfect Christmas gift ideas: the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 and Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 as special Christmas editions Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is now offering the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 monocular and the Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 Blackline binoculars as special Christmas editions. In addition to the glasses, each set includes an elegant pouch in red leather with a colour-matched leather wrist strap for convenient carrying and safe storage. Each of the Christmas editions of the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 and Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 is strictly limited to 300 sets. The technical specifications of both models are based on existing Leica Sport Optics products.
- 28.10.14 Leica Camera AG honours the best suppliers with the Leica Supplier Award 2014 Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has honoured its best suppliers with the Leica Supplier Award 2014.
- 28.10.14 The WestLicht Photo and Camera Auction on 21 and 22 November, 2014, presents Leica camera rarities and collectables WestLicht, the world’s leading auction house for vintage cameras, is holding two auctions in November 2014 to celebrate two anniversaries, ‘100 years of Leica photography’ and ‘175 years of photography’.
- 28.10.14 European Patent Office revokes Swarovski Optik KG’s riflescope patent The Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich has granted the requests submitted by Leica Camera AG.
- 23.10.14 Широко открытыми глазами! – 100 лет фотографии Leica This year, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the exhibition entitled Augen Auf! 100 Jahre Leica Fotografie (‘eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’) will premiere in the House of Photography in Deichtorhallen in Hamburg on 24 October 2014 and can be viewed until 11 January 2015.
- 15.10.14 Digital technology ‘Made in Germany’ meets art: The LEICA X ‘Edition Moncler’ special limited edition In collaboration with Moncler, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a special limited edition: the Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’. Reflecting the common values of both brands – high end quality and technicality – the Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’ unites aesthetic and technology to create an unmistakeable appeal. Finished with a premium leather trim in a three-colour scheme of blue, white and red, as an homage to the French origins of Moncler, this silver version of the Leica X is an eye-catching must-have for conscious and lovers of both photography and style.
- 14.10.14 60 years of the Leica rangefinder system: Leica Galerie Wetzlar is showing two new photographic exhibitions to celebrate this special anniversary This year, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is celebrating two special anniversaries. The focus of the celebrations will not be exclusively on 100 years of Leica photography, but also on the 60th birthday of the legendary Leica M rangefinder system.