201613.10.16 Leica Camera and ONA present an exclusive collection of high-quality, premium camera bags To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the legendary 35 mm camera in 2014, ONA created ‘The Berlin II’, a camera bag designed especially for the Leica M-System. As a follow-up to this collaboration, Leica Camera and ONA have come together again to present ‘ONA FOR LEICA’, a new collection of high quality camera bags. The collection will feature six models crafted by ONA, an American manufacturer of premium camera bags. Each piece will be lined in red and feature a red rivet, a discreet reference to Leica and will be offered exclusively by Leica Camera AG in a range of material and colour combinations.
- 12.10.16 Special edition Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs: legendary rangefinder technology meets creative design In collaboration with artist and photographer Rolf Sachs, Leica Camera AG presents a new special edition in the Leica M-System portfolio – the Leica M-P (Typ 240) ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs. The unusual set, consisting of a Leica M-P camera and the fast classic lens Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH., unites legendary rangefinder technology with creative product design. The combination of unusual materials in an eye-catching choice of colour and classic design lends the camera a unique look and makes the Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs a true collector’s item. This special edition will strictly be limited to only 79 sets for the worldwide market and will be available exclusively at select Leica Stores from November 2016.
- 04.10.16 Leica Noctilux: the ‘Light Giants’ have turned 50 – and are as young as ever before! 50 years ago, the first Leica Noctilux lens was presented at photokina 1966 and astounded visitors to the fair and the industry press with its revolutionary optical properties. In the 1960s, photography enjoyed enormous popularity around the world and the demand on high-performance lenses constantly rose, particularly in the ranks of professional and art photographers. As the use of flash was not yet widespread, or even frowned on, the extraordinary specifications of the Noctilux lens attracted almost undivided attention. This lens offered, for those days, a gigantic maximum aperture, but not only that, even wide- open an exceptional optical performance.
- 28.09.16 Scarlett Coten receives the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 French photographer Scarlett Coten is honoured with the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 for her series of photos entitled ‘Mectoub’. The winner of the Newcomer Award is photographer Clémentine Schneidermann with the photos of her project ‘The Unbearable, the Sadness and the Rest’
- 28.09.16 Refined quality: Leica presents a collection of premium leather accessories Leica Camera AG presents a new collection of elegant leather accessories. The portfolio comprises a notebook case, three different Smartphone slipcases, two different pen cases and a credit card and business card wallet. Each of the leather accessories is painstakingly crafted and perfectly finished by hand. The use of only the best, finely structured Nappa leather ensures their wonderful looks and a delightful haptic experience. Equally delighting details like subtle contrast stitching in red, the embossed Leica logo on the front and the quality seal ‘Handmade in Germany’ on the back, lend each item the perfect finishing touches.
- 23.09.16 Leica Camera and HUAWEI Establish New R&D Center HUAWEI and Leica Camera AG today announced they have expanded their strategic collaboration with the establishment of a jointly operated research and innovation center, the Max Berek Innovation Lab. The launch comes seven months after the public announcement of their long-term technology partnership in the field of optical engineering, and five months after the launch of the globally successful, multiple-award winning HUAWEI P9 and P9 Plus smartphones.
- 21.09.16 Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe continue their long-standing collaboration with a focus on next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe (SNEU) have signed a confirmation of good cooperation for the continuation of their long-standing and successful collaboration. The focus of the partnership will be set on the ongoing development of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions.
- 20.09.16 The latest issue of S Magazine shows fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth With the multiple-award-winning S Magazine, Leica provides an international platform for young talents and established photographers to show their work shot with the Leica S medium format camera. Every issue contains pages of powerful images and shows unusual facets and fascinating perspectives. Issue No. 8 of the magazine appears punctually to the start of photokina with fascinating images by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth.
- 19.09.16 Leica intensifies its focus on the professional segment with a new business unit and an extensive range of services The Leica presence at photokina 2016 in Cologne focuses primarily on professional photography and the corresponding needs of professional users. With this year’s stand concept, Leica Camera AG intensifies the emphasis on the newly implemented business unit Professional, the objective of which is to expand and bundle integrated product solutions and innovative usage scenarios for professional photography and video production.
- 19.09.16 New lenses expand the Leica SL-System The mirrorless Leica SL-System successfully launched in October 2015 underlines the positioning of Leica Camera AG as a premium-segment provider of professional tools and services for all areas of photography. Its impressive electronic viewfinder features EyeRes technology, a concept developed by Leica especially for this camera. With a latency time below the threshold of perception, an impressive resolution of 4.4 million pixels and magnification reminiscent of a medium format camera, this electronic viewfinder offers an entirely new visual experience Whether shooting still pictures or Cine 4K video, the 24 MP resolution of the camera’s full-frame sensor makes no compromises in terms of imaging quality. At the same time, the Leica SL sets entirely new standards with its intuitive handling concept, logically positioned, individually configurable controls and outstanding versatility. Reasons enough for the top ratings and outstanding reviews the dust and spray sealed camera received not only from its users, but also from specialist photographic and technical media around the world.