201809.04.18 Versatile wide-angle lens: Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35/3.5–4.5 ASPH. expands the SL-System The Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35/3.5–4.5 ASPH. wide-angle zoom lens complements the previously available portfolio of two zoom lenses for the Leica SL. Its range of focal lengths is ideal for a diversity of uses, ranging from landscape and architectural photography, wedding, event, and concert photography to reportage and documentary photography. In combination with the familiarly high product quality and imaging performance, its protected construction and special AquaDura® lens coating make this lens an ideal companion for professional photographers at all times, even in adverse weather conditions.
- 22.03.18 Leica Camera AG integrates Sinar Photography in its own organisational structure Within the context of the worldwide realignment of the Leica professional sales network, product management, marketing, sales and distribution and service for Sinar Photography products will be integrated into the newly created Professional Channel/B2B of Leica Camera AG and, in future, will be managed and controlled from Wetzlar. In the course of this, the Sinar offices currently located in Zurich will be closed with effect from 31.3.2018 and Sinar Photography AG will be merged with Leica Camera AG Schweiz, located in Nidau, Switzerland.
- 15.03.18 Leica confirms its commitment to photography as an official partner of Photo London 2018 As a camera and optics brand, Leica has been deeply involved in not only the production but the culture of photography since its inception. The brand’s passion for this art form is still something that it heavily involves itself in today. For Leica, photography has always been at the forefront of its thoughts and actions; Leica is photography. It is then befitting that for the third year running, Leica Camera will be the Official Partner of Photo London and is proud to host the Leica Collector’s Lounge.
- 14.03.18 Leica D-Lux Explorer Kit: the high-performance compact camera is now also available as a set with added extras Leica Camera AG is now offering the universal Leica D-Lux camera in a brand new set. In addition to the camera, the set also includes additional accessories such as the automatic lens cap. This intelligently designed lens cap enables users to take pictures at any time without having to remove the cap from the lens. And it never gets in the way, even for spontaneous snapshots with the zoom lens – the shutters of the lens cap open up automatically as soon as the lens is extended and the camera is ready to shoot. Also part of the set, the popular Leica Rope Strap in red is designed by COOPH and made from robust mountaineering rope.
- 08.03.18 NEW: Leica Tempus ASPH. With the new Tempus ASPH red dot sight, Leica Sport Optics makes hunting faster and more flexible. Leica is the first premium manufacturer to implement its red dot sight with asphere, guaranteeing an even crisper and more brilliant image of the illuminated dot, extremely high image quality as well as excellent viewing comfort.
- 08.03.18 Leica Noctivid as edition in olive green With the Leica Noctivid Leica Sport Optics has set a new standard in observation optics. More than a century of experience forms the basis for this new generation of Leica binoculars, offering unprecedented quality. Next to the black version, the Leica Noctivid models are now also available with olive green armouring.
- 08.03.18 New: Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’ Leica Camera AG presents an unusual special edition of its digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor: the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’. Comprising a camera and a Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens, the edition was designed by Marcus Wainwright, founder and owner of the New York fashion label ‘rag & bone’. The aim of his design concept is the individualised perfection of existing icons. With the M Monochrom camera, the dedicated Leica photographer and lover of black-and-white photography takes the unobtrusiveness of the camera to extremes to create a unique design concept with fluorescent highlights.
- 01.03.18 LOBA 2018: Photographers can submit their entries to the prestigious photographic competition from 1 March to 5 April 2018 Starting today, professional photographers and up-and-coming photographers under the age of 25 can submit online entries to the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) 2018 international photographic competition at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. Until 5 April 2018, all entrants have the opportunity to submit a self-contained series of between ten and a maximum of twelve images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between people and their environment with a watchful eye in creative and groundbreaking style. Eligible for submission are series of photographs captured in 2017 and 2018 or work from long-term projects including at least some photographs made in this period.
Leica Camera and pmdtechnologies announce a strategic technology cooperation to offer optimized lenses for 3D sensor solutions
In context of the Mobile World Congress Leica Camera AG and pmdtechnologies ag, the leading fabless IC supplier of high-performance Time-of-Flight (ToF) depth sensing solutions, today announced a strategic alliance to jointly develop and market 3D sensing camera solutions for mobile devices. The partnership utilizes the core competencies of both companies to develop optimized lenses for the specific requirements of 3D depth sensing solutions. With tailor-made optics the partners address the increasing demand especially from the mobile device segment for highly efficient lenses with compact dimensions. The spatial proximity of the two companies allows a particularly fast and efficient coordination during development, testing and optimization of the lenses for the 3D sensor systems.
- 12.02.18 Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: the Leica Q ‘Snow’ by Iouri Podladtchikov. This limited edition has been created in collaboration with Swiss world champion snowboarder (halfpipe) Iouri Podladtchikov, whose own ideas inspired the design of the camera.