The organisation of purchasing at Leica Camera AG is strategically centralised (Wetzlar) and operationally decentralised. Operational (product line) purchasing takes place in both manufacturing locations.
Strategic Purchasing is your contact and partner in all matters regarding cooperative activities and is responsible for collaboration with Quality Management on the choice and assessment of suppliers, project and production start-ups, price and cost agreements, basic agreements and volume contracts. In close collaboration with Operational Purchasing, Strategic Purchasing regulates ordering and material planning and manages all projects and start-ups up to serial-production maturity, taking immediate action in cases of serial-production-process disruption. Together with our Quality Management, Strategic Purchasing is your partner for audits, choice of suppliers and supplier assessment.
Click here to see who belongs to Leica’s reputable Purchasing Team. If you require any further information or would like to contact a representative of our Purchasing Team, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.
Divisional Manager Purchasing
Assistent of Division Purchasing
Assistant Purchasing Manager / authorised signatory
Product group: Flashlights, Lenses, Tripod, OEM-products
Product groups: Process materials, Consumables, Non-production materials
Senior Purchaser / Supplier Assessor
Product groups: Plastics, Print media, Services, Non-production materials
Product groups: Optics, Rubber, Bags, Packaging
Product groups: Non-production material
Product groups: Mechanical and standard components domestic, Surface-finishing, Semi-finished products
Product groups: Mechanical and standard components international, Die-casting, Software, Imaging
Production groups: Elektronics
Risk management, Producttransfer
Production groups: Optical/mechanical assemblies
Choose from mechanical components, surface finishing, electronics, rubber, bags, packaging, print media, die-casting or plastics.
• Turned steel components
• Milled steel components
• Turned NF-metal components
• Milled NF-metal components
• Precision stamped components
• Standard components
• Semi-finished lenses
• Optical/mechanical assemblies
• Assembly services
• Circuit boards, HDI, FPC, rigid-flex
• Folding cartons in E/F corrugated card
• Rigid boxes
• Die-cast aluminium components
• Die-cast magnesium components
• Precision castings
• Machined components in PEEK and POM
Constantly growing market requirements necessitate a continuous improvement and modification of customer-supplier relations. Our aim is to establish a working partnership with you to achieve mutual competitive advantages that ensure the success of our business in the global marketplace.
What we expect from our suppliers
• Quality assurance
• Delivery reliability and dispatching responsibility
• Flexibility and commitment
• Highly motivated collaboration
• Effective communication procedures
• Value for money
• Recognition and acceptance of Leica purchasing terms and conditions
Preconditions for long-term collaboration with our suppliers include
• Sustained reliability of supply to the quality specified by us
• Delivery reliability and flexibility
• Competitive prices and costs
• Good supplier assessment ratings, 75% of the purchasing volume is covered by A-rated suppliers
• Continuous, self-initiated improvement programmes and constant process analysis with the aim of increased productivity
• Readiness to provide support for future value analyses, workshops, etc.
• Development support
• The right to view and inspect supplier's production facilities at any time
Quality Management Team
The quality of Leica products is due to the quality of its team. See who’s hard at work behind the scenes of Leica Quality Management here. If you have any questions or would like to contact one of our team members, feel free to get in touch, and we’ll do everything we can to help you.