201622.03.16 LEICA SUMMILUX-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. - the new reference lens in the APS-C segment is available from today As of now, the portfolio of lenses for the Leica T camera system has a new addition – the Leica Summilux-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. This extremely fast prime lens with the classic focal length is considered to be the reference lens in the APS-C segment. With a performance profile superior to all comparable lenses in every respect, it exploits the full potential of modern camera systems.
- 16.03.16 New telephoto zoom lens for the Leica SL-System: Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8-4 The latest addition to the Leica SL-System lens portfolio, the Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8-4, is now on sale. This fast telephoto zoom lens offers a range of focal lengths that follows on directly from the already available Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–90 mm f/2.8–4 ASPH. lens. Together, these two lenses cover a range of focal lengths extending from 24 to 280 mm and guarantee the versatility photographers need for a wide range of subjects and situations.
- 04.03.16 Leica Ultravid ‘Edition Safari’ Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents its first limited edition of a pair of binoculars for 2016: the Leica Ultravid ‘Edition Safari’. The Edition Safari appears with an exclusive case and carrying strap created in collaboration with French artisan workshop Aneas.
- 04.03.16 Leica VISUS i LW With its new Visus i LW models, Leica Camera AG presents a new generation of riflescopes that represent a unique combination of the fine arts of engineering, classical style and modern technology. They are true masterpieces of innovative product design, optical excellence and mechanical reliability. Traditional design elements, such as paint-filled manual stylus engraving and specially developed surface finishes, meet modern, daylight-readable illumination and the ultimate in optical design.
- 04.03.16 Leica Magnus i: The second generation Leica Camera AG is launching the second generation of its successful range of Magnus riflescopes at IWA Outdoor Classics 2016 in Nürnberg. They impress with proven optical and mechanical systems and innovative details such as turret scale zeroing without tools and reticles with optimised dot coverage.
- 04.03.16 New Leica Digiscoping Objective Lens Leica Camera AG has added a new accessory to the digiscoping equipment programme: the Leica Digiscoping Lens. The 35 mm lens is suitable for all cameras with interchangeable lenses, and its perfect interaction with Leica spotting scopes guarantees its users impressive pictures in breathtaking quality.
- 25.02.16 HUAWEI and Leica Camera announce long-term technology partnership for the reinvention of smartphone photography Today HUAWEI Consumer Business Group (BG) and Leica Camera AG are delighted to announce the start of a strategic partnership, a co-operation with shared premium ambitions and spirit, which will see both technology and photography brands combining their shared ethos in a long-term commitment to the art of craftsmanship, meticulous engineering and the spirit of winning collaboration, to create a powerhouse in the reinvention of smartphone photography.
- 04.02.16 LEICA T: New firmware update 1.5 enables users to set up their own camera hotspot for wireless transfer of pictures with the Leica T app A new firmware update for the Leica T is now available from Leica Camera AG. Customers can now download firmware version 1.5 from the Leica website – www.leica-camera.com – and update their camera system. Alternatively, any Leica Store will be pleased to update the firmware free of charge and offer comprehensive advice about the use of the camera.
- 03.02.16 Leica представляет Ultravid Edition Hermès 111 изделий – по одному за каждый год разработки биноклей Leitz и Leica. Благодаря опыту и знаниям в сфере разработки биноклей были получены оптические характеристики премиум-класса. Сотрудничество с культовым брендом Hermès является данью этим знаниям.
- 28.01.16 Leica Camera AG announces management change at Leica Switzerland Olivier Bachmann, managing director of Leica Camera AG, Nidau (Switzerland), has decided to leave the company on 31 March 2016 to turn his attention to new professional challenges. He will be succeeded by Gülten Baumann, who assumes this position on 1 April 2016. She will be assuming her new function as managing director of Leica Camera AG, Nidau (Switzerland) parallel to maintaining her current position as director of Perrot Image SA.