201621.01.16 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 The international photographic competition for professional photographers and up-and coming photographers under the age of 25, continues its rich tradition in its 36th year with numerous new features and significantly more attractive prizes for the winners. The winners of this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Awards’ will be honoured in the course of an official prize-giving ceremony that will be held in Germany again for the first time in many years. What is more, the cash value of the prize for the winner of the category ‘Newcomer Award’ has been doubled to a total of 10,000 euros and, for the first time, the work of ten further entrants will be honoured.
- 20.01.16 Leica X-U – the new outdoor camera guarantees uncompromising picture quality under even the harshest conditions Leica Camera AG expands its range of cameras with the first ruggedised model conceived especially for outdoor use – the Leica X-U. With a fast Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens (equivalent to 35 millimetres in 35-mm format) with an underwater protection filter and large APS-C format CMOS sensor, the latest, fully-waterproofed member of the Leica X family guarantees pictures with exceptional brightness and clarity under even the harshest conditions. It even enables breathtaking underwater moments to be captured in perfect detail at depths of up to 15 metres.
- 14.01.16 New generation of three Leica M-Lenses Leica Camera AG presents three next-generation models of the Leica M Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and Leica Elmarit-M 28 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lenses with improved performance profiles: It has been possible to improve the imaging quality of all three by optimisation of their optical design. Another new feature is more robust lens construction: as opposed to the earlier models, all three lenses now feature a full-metal rectangular lens hood with a thread mount and a threaded protection ring for the front the lens when the hood is not attached. The lens cap is now also made of metal.
201522.12.15 Leica presents the new Leica Geovid R models Leica Geovid binoculars have been a reliable companion of passioned hunters for decades. Tens of thousands of hunters around the world relay on the pioneer of rangefinding. First presented in 1992, revised and revolutionised many times, Leica now presents a new member of the highly successful Geovid family of binoculars: the Leica Geovid R models.
- 14.12.15 Leica SL Firmware update 1.2 optimises picture quality and improves handling Firmware update 1.2 for the Leica SL is available now. Registered camera users can log in to the Leica owners’ area and download the firmware version (https://owners.leica-camera.com) or take advantage of the opportunity to have their camera brought up to date by update installation as a free service offered in Leica Stores.
- 30.11.15 New Leica Trinovid HD binoculars for ambitious outdoor enthusiasts Compact, light and rugged – Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) raises the bar with the new generation of the 42 mm models in the Trinovid HD family. In their class, the Leica Trinovid 8x42 HD and the Leica Trinovid 10x42 HD binoculars with Leica HD optics offer ideal and previously unattained viewing quality for outdoor and wildlife enthusiasts.
- 29.10.15 LEICA T: new Firmware update 1.4 and expansion of the lens portfolio bring greater speed and even more versatility Leica Camera AG presents a new firmware update for the Leica T camera system. Customers wishing to bring their camera up to date can now download the new firmware version 1.4 from the Leica website (www.leica-camera.com). Alternatively, they can update their Leica T as part of a complementary service in the Leica Stores, and receive advice at the same time.
- 19.10.15 The LEICA SL mirrorless system camera sets new standards in terms of speed, picture quality and versatility The Leica SL system marks the beginning of a new era of professional photography made in Germany. The Leica SL mirrorless system camera is impressive on account of its innovations in exceptional Leica quality. Its 24 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and perfectly matched components – from superior-quality lenses to its electronic viewfinder – guarantee exceptional imaging performance.
- 06.10.15 Ausstellung „American Made“ von Bruce Gilden im Hamburger Konzernsitz der Edel AG Ab dem 23. Oktober 2015 ist die spektakuläre Ausstellung „American Made“ des amerikanischen Ausnahmefotografen Bruce Gilden im Hamburger Konzernsitz der Edel AG zu sehen. Gezeigt werden rund 30, in ihrer Größe einzigartige Farbfotografien, die Gilden während einer 40-tägigen Reise durch die USA mit der Leica S Kamera aufgenommen hat. Die Leica Camera AG und die Leica Fotografie International (LFI) haben dieses außergewöhnliche Projekt begleitet und präsentieren Gildens kolossale Momentaufnahme seiner Landsleute, die den amerikanischen Traum nicht leben konnten.
- 29.09.15 Paris Photo 2015: Leica presents the exhibition ‘J’étais là’ by Stéphane Duroy and Paulo Nozolino Leica Camera AG has been a partner of Paris Photo, the prestigious fine art photography fair, for more than ten years now. This year, the company is once again demonstrating its engagement for photography and exceptional artists by presenting the work of Stéphane Duroy and Paulo Nozolino, an exhibition initiated by Paul Cottin, in the Grand Palais from 12 to 15 November 2015. As artists in residence at the GwinZegal Art Centre in Guingamp, both photographers focused their objective, uncompromising photographic eye on Brittany, thus capturing their personal impressions of the region.