201416.12.14 New Chapter in the Annals of Rock Photography - Photo Book Flash of Rock Star Lenny Kravitz The publishing house teNeues has announced the publication of Flash, a book with photographs taken by the rock star Lenny Kravitz, in February 2015. The pictures in Flash were all captured with equipment from the Leica M system.
Invitation to submit entries for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award – with even more valuable prizes
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, invites professional photographers and newcomers to the profession to submit their work for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 and has once again raised the value of the cash prize for the winner in the main category.
Alfons Alt designs the glass facade for the world of Leica experience at Leitz Park
Alfons Alt, the art photographer who lives in France, has designed and constructed a work of art in glass especially for the Leica headquarters in the Leitz Part in Wetzlar.
- 10.12.14 Award for the Leica ‘100 years of Leica photography’ advertising campaign Leica Camera AG’s anniversary advertising campaign ‘100 years of Leica photography’ wins yet another award.
- 01.12.14 Leica Camera AG and Foto Rahn in Frankfurt found Leica Camera Frankfurt GmbH Through its subsidiary Leica Camera Frankfurt GmbH, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has acquired the business operations of Rahn AG Foto & Fine Art, Frankfurt am Main.
- 01.12.14 Bunte Leica Kameras für den guten Zweck Dortmunder Kinder der Grundschule Kleine Kielstraße, der Diesterweg-Grundschule und der Tremonia Grundschule haben auf Initiative von Kinderlachen e.V. ihrer Kreativität freien Lauf gelassen. Sie haben Pappvarianten der Messsucherkamera Leica M nach ihren eigenen Ideen bemalt und gestaltet.
- 01.12.14 Nikolaustag im Leitz-Park Wetzlar: Mit Weihnachtsaktionen, professionellen Fotoshootings und kulinarischen Höhepunkten Die Leica Camera AG bietet am Samstag, den 6. Dezember 2014, im Leica Store im Leitz-Park Wetzlar besondere Angebote zum Nikolaustag.
- 18.11.14 Leica Camera AG licenses Patent Portfolio of Intellectual Ventures Leica Camera AG has licensed a patent portfolio of Intellectual Ventures™ (IV) to strengthen the existing intellectual property (IP) strategy and position of Leica Camera.
- 06.11.14 New Leica wall calendar for 2015 With images by Thomas Hoepker, winner of the Leica Hall of Fame Award 2014 Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new wall calendar for 2015. As in the previous year, this year’s calendar is also dedicated to the winner of the Leica Hall of Fame Award. In the 60th anniversary year of the Leica M-System, the award went to Thomas Hoepker, a Leica M photographer who captured events of contemporary history and made a decisive contribution to reportage photography in the second half of the 20th century. The 2015 Leica wall calendar contains a selection of 13 of his images (in colour and in black and white) from his career as a photographer that is also celebrating its 60th anniversary.
- 05.11.14 The perfect Christmas gift ideas: the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 and Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 as special Christmas editions Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is now offering the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 monocular and the Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 Blackline binoculars as special Christmas editions. In addition to the glasses, each set includes an elegant pouch in red leather with a colour-matched leather wrist strap for convenient carrying and safe storage. Each of the Christmas editions of the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 and Leica Ultravid 8 × 20 is strictly limited to 300 sets. The technical specifications of both models are based on existing Leica Sport Optics products.