201415.09.14 The pinnacle of mechanical technology: LEICA M-A The precision tool for lovers of decelerated photography With the Leica M-System, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is one of the few manufacturers still producing both analogue and digital cameras. In this, the company can draw from decades of experience in the construction of the finest precision-engineered cameras. Now – 60 years after the first Leica M rangefinder camera, the M3, left the factory to significantly change the world of photography – we have chosen the occasion of this anniversary to present a new analogue model: the Leica M-A.
- 15.09.14 The essence of photography: the LEICA M Edition 60 Special edition for the 60th anniversary of the Leica M rangefinder system This year, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is celebrating two special anniversaries. At photokina 2014, the focus of the celebrations will not be exclusively on 100 years of Leica photography, but also on the 60th anniversary of the legendary Leica M rangefinder system.
- 12.09.14 Leica AG announces partnership with Goodwood Revival, 12th-14th September Over the years, many Leica cameras have become coveted collectors' items due to their design, technological innovation or role in history. Classic cars share the same fate. Based on these common values, Leica Camera is delighted to be partnering with Goodwood Revival, September 12 -14th, to capture images of collectors and enthusiasts of classic vehicles as they celebrate their passion.
- 11.09.14 New: LEICA V-LUX The universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography With the Leica V-Lux, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the next generation model of the Leica V-Lux product line. The new digital compact camera combines a high-performance lens, superior imaging qualities and high speed in a compact and handy form. Its Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 9.1–146 mm f/2.8–4 ASPH. super-zoom lens offers an enormously broad spectrum of capabilities from macro to extreme telephoto photography and, in combination with its versatile package of features, makes it the ideal all-round camera to take along wherever you go.
- 11.09.14 New: LEICA S-E The entry-level model for the Leica S medium-format system With the new Leica S-E, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, offers an ideal entry-level model for Leica S medium-format system. The camera provides practically all technical advantages of the Leica S (Type 006) and presents an attractive alternative within the Leica S-System. The new colour scheme, with a top deck in anthracite grey paint and a silver anodised shutter speed dial, adds even more to its attraction.
- 11.09.14 LEICA X – brilliant picture quality made in Germany Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica X line: the new Leica X – made in Germany. Featuring a new Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens and a sensor that is particularly large for this camera class, it captures exceptionally brilliant pictures. Its versatility is further expanded by a video function for moving pictures in full-HD quality. Together with an extensive range of setting options and an intuitively simple handling concept, the Leica X unites everything that defines the art of photography in an iconic Leica design statement: the joy of seeing unforgettable moments in a particularly personal way.
New: LEICA S High speed, video recording and optimum image quality – combined with perfect handling
With the Leica S (Type 007), Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the new top model of the Leica S-System. As a logical development of its predecessors, the new Leica S features a multitude of radically new components – like the Leica CMOS sensor and the Leica Maestro II image processor – and now opens up new dimensions in the field of medium-format photography.
- 02.09.14 Leica Camera AG announces partnership with Leica Ambassador, Jamie Cullum, at photokina, Cologne. Leica Camera AG will be making an appearance in Hall 1 at this year’s photokina, with a widely varied programme of events, including a unique exhibition concept - the Leica Galerie. The focus of this year’s exhibition concept is on impressive photography from the world of music. It embraces all facets of music photography, from concert images and extremely personal artist portraits to reportage photography with exciting glimpses behind the scenes at concerts. In addition, the exhibition will also showcase the work of musicians who have embraced photography as a second passion, such as award winning broadcaster, songwriter and celebrated musician Jamie Cullum.
- 01.09.14 Oliver Kaltner wird in den Vorstand der Leica Camera AG berufen Der Aufsichtsrat der Leica Camera AG hat Oliver Kaltner (45) zum 01. September 2014 in den Vorstand des Unternehmens berufen. Er zeichnet für die Ressorts Marketing, Sales und Retail sowie die Weiterentwicklung der Handels- und Vertriebspartnerschaften verantwortlich.
- 28.08.14 New: Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH. fast portrait lens With the Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Camera AG, Solms, presents a new and particularly compact portrait telephoto lens for the Leica S-System. It is the fastest lens so far in the Leica S medium-format system and offers superior imaging performance at all apertures and distance settings. What’s more, a firmware update is also offered together with the new lens to ensure optimum functionality of the Leica Summicron-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH. on Leica S, S2 and S2-P cameras.