201422.09.14 Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Expand Partnership Agreement in the Digital Camera Sector Osaka, Japan /Wetzlar, Germany (September 19, 2014) – Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Corporation today announced they have extended their partnership agreement and agreed to expand and strengthen their technological cooperation in the digital camera (DSC) field.
- 18.09.14 photokina 2014: Leica to Present New High-End Camera Leica S Featuring Leica MAESTRO II Processor built on Fujitsu Technology Leica Camera AG and Fujitsu Semiconductor Europe (FSEU) will be presenting a new Leica S camera that features the Leica MAESTRO II image processor at the photokina exhibition to be held in Cologne, Germany, from September 16 - 21 (booth A002, hall 01.1). The Leica S-System is a purely digital high-end camera system built for professional photographers. Small medium-format cameras offer excellent imaging quality and user experiences due to the high-definition imagery, fast processing speeds, and low power consumption that the Fujitsu Milbeaut series of image processing devices for cameras is able to provide.
Leica Camera AG feiert auf der photokina mit Thomas Hoepker und Jamie Cullum
Mit rund 1000 Gästen hat die Leica Camera AG am Dienstag Abend in Halle 1 der Koelnmesse 60 Jahre Leica M-System gefeiert. Der weltweit bekannte und renommierte Fotograf Thomas Hoepker erhielt in Anerkennung seiner Verdienste für die Fotografie und sein ebenfalls sechs Jahrzehnte umfassendes Lebenswerk den Leica Hall of Fame Award. Der britische Sänger und Songwriter Jamie Cullum spielte auf der Bühne in der Leica Galerie auf der photokina, der Leitmesse für Fotografie, vor einem begeisterten Publikum live Auszüge aus seinem neuen Album „Interlude“, das am 3. Oktober in Deutschland erscheint.
- 16.09.14 Leica M-P / The next generation of the Leica rangefinder camera for professional photographers Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the otherwise identical Leica M, the Leica M-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M-System and several additional features, for example an enlarged buffer memory. The ‘P’ in the name of this camera indicates the particularly discreet and enduring design concept with which the Leica M-P joins the line of Leica M-Cameras conceived especially to fulfil the needs of professional photographers.
- 15.09.14 Versatile, robust and reliable: new Leica equipment for wildlife and nature observation Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has expanded its range of additional equipment for wildlife and nature observation. Now new to the portfolio are the Leica 170 C tripod and two video tripod heads in different sizes, the Leica VH1 und VH2. The new products are ideal in combination with Leica spotting scopes, binoculars and Leica cameras and are optimised for outdoor use. The use of high-quality materials guarantees absolute reliability in even the toughest conditions. With this Leica equipment, users have ideal additions to their gear to help them experience and capture the wonders of nature in almost any situation.
- 15.09.14 New – LEICA ULTRAVID HD-PLUS 42 The new generation of binoculars with improved optical performance Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. In comparison with earlier models, the optical performance of the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 with respect to light transmission has been significantly improved again.
- 15.09.14 Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica – the compact system bag for travelling light with a camera With the Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a system bag that unites superior material qualities and finishing in a perfectly designed product concept. Just like Leica, the Japanese manufacturer of premium camera accessories Artisan & Artist has a passion for handcrafted excellence, attention to detail and painstakingly selected materials.
- 15.09.14 Aneas Edition for Leica – the premium camera bag made in France Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the Aneas Edition for Leica, a premium camera bag in a strictly limited edition. This accessory was produced in collaboration with Aneas, the French artisan workshop well known for their use of the finest leathers and elaborate finishing. The portfolio of this prestigious company embraces an extensive collection of bags of all kinds: for example for travelling, business and hunting.
- 15.09.14 Leica Camera AG and Schedoni, the premium leather-goods manufacturer, present a superior-quality bag for both photography and business use At photokina 2014, Schedoni, the Italian leather-goods manufacturer from Modena, and Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, will be presenting the first accessory created in a collaboration between the two companies: a premium leather bag that, thanks to its ingenious design, may be used both as a classic camera bag and as a business bag for discerning owners.
- 15.09.14 New: LEICA D-LUX – fast lens meets elegant camera design Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new model in the Leica D-Lux line. The high-performance Leica D-Lux compact camera features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. zoom lens with a very fast initial aperture and an extremely practical zoom range equivalent to 24 to 75 mm in 35 mm format. In comparison to the previous model, it offers a larger Four Thirds sensor that, in combination with its lens ensures superior picture quality in all shooting situations.