201730.11.17 Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. ‘LHSA’: Special edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ‘The International Leica Society’ (LHSA) For the past 50 years, ‘The International Leica Society’ (LHSA) has dedicated itself to research, the history of Leica and the use of the company’s products. The beginning of the celebration of the 50th anniversary in 2018 will be marked by the launch of a special edition of the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH. produced especially for the occasion. The appearance of the lens is reminiscent of the Summicron 50 mm f/2 from 1954. The special edition thus unites the outstanding imaging performance of the current lens – which was the first to be able to fully exploit the contrast and resolution offered by modern digital cameras – with the look of the nineteen-fifties.
- 30.11.17 Leica Camera AG records strong revenue growth for the 2016/2017 financial year and bucks the downward trend in the camera market The Leica Camera Group achieved revenue of almost 400 million euros in the past financial year 2016/2017 (31 March 2017) and can therefore look back very positively on the previous twelve-month period. With strong revenue growth of more than six per cent, Leica bucked the overall downward trend in the global camera market, which declined by around 10 per cent in the same period.
- 29.11.17 Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH.: A new extremely fast lens enriches the Leica M-System lens portfolio For more than 50 years, the name ‘Noctilux’ has been a synonym for exceptionally fast lenses with an optical design that verges on the limits of what is physically possible. Today, Leica Camera AG has added a new highlight to the lens portfolio – the Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. Together with exceptional imaging performance and unique bokeh, its gossamer-thin depth of focus isolates subjects with extreme precision and makes it a truly exceptional lens. Its focal length of 75 mm makes it especially suitable for the creation of portraits with a natural look.
- 21.11.17 The Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio. The Leica TL2 has now been joined by the Leica CL, a further camera with a high-resolution, 24 MP, APS-C format sensor. Also new in the system is the Elmarit-TL 1:2.8/18 ASPH. lens. This wide-angle offers imaging performance and compact dimensions that ideally complement both cameras and is available not only in black, but also in a silver anodised version. Thanks to these new additions, the Leica APS-C System now offers a diversified portfolio of cameras and lenses that combine compact design with exceptional picture quality and enable users to experience a truly special kind of photography.
- 21.11.17 New camera Leica CL expands the Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio with a new camera that unites innovative technologies, extremely easy handling and iconic design: the Leica CL. Its ideal balance between state-of-the-art technology, mechanical precision and compact construction makes it the perfect everyday companion – especially for spontaneous and discreet pictures.
- 26.10.17 Leica Q silver: a new colour option for the full-frame compact camera Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: The Leica Q in silver. The new colour version impresses with a combination of black and silver elements. The top plate and the baseplate have been silver anodised and the rear shell has the refined look of classic black paint. The characteristic, high-grip pattern of the black leather trim from the serial production model has been maintained, while the control elements on the top plate of the new version are now in silver. The design concept is complemented by engravings of the feet scale and the focal length numbers on the lens picked out in a shade of red that sets a colourful accent in the classic look of the camera.
- 19.10.17 Leica Camera AG presents the ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ special edition of the Leica SOFORT Leica Camera AG presents the first worldwide special edition of its versatile instant picture camera: the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’. The outcome of the collaboration with the Franco-Italian photographer, entrepreneur and art collector is a particularly eye-catching, bright and colourful special version of the camera. The visual highlight of the unique look is ‘Mr. Limo’ – the logo of the LimoLand fashion label created by Jean Pigozzi – which adorns the front and back of the white version of the SOFORT camera. As colourful as life itself, the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ stands as a new icon for the sheer joy and endless fun of instant photography.
- 18.10.17 Gianni Berengo Gardin receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award The lifework of Gianni Berengo Gardin, probably the most highly acclaimed Italian photographer of the post-war years, will be honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award by Leica Camera AG in Rome on 15 November 2017. A selection of his work will be presented in the major exhibition ‘Grandi Maestri. 100 Anni di Fotografia Leica’ in the Complesso del Vittoriano – Ala Brasini from 16 November 2017 to 18 February 2018.
- 17.10.17 Leica Camera AG presents a modern renaissance of the classic lens – the Leica Thambar-M 1:2.2/90 A legend reborn: following the Leica Summaron-M 1:5.6/28, Leica Camera AG has further expanded its lens portfolio with the Thambar-M 1:2.2/90, the modern renaissance of another classic lens. Just like its namesake from 1935, the contemporary incarnation of the lens is distinguished by its characteristic soft-focus effect and unmistakeable bokeh. Its focal length of 90 mm is suitable for photography in a multitude of scenarios and is as good as predestined for capturing portraits with a uniquely aesthetic atmosphere that cannot be reproduced in digital postprocessing. The new Thambar-M is thus an exciting addition to the existing Leica M lens portfolio and brings photographers entirely new possibilities for creative composition.
- 16.10.17 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B capable of precise measurement of distances up to 2700 yards (2470 meters). The CRF 2700-B also boasts the renowned ballistics system ABC® (Advanced Ballistic Compensation). Thanks to an integrated microSD memory card slot, users can upload their ballistic data to the rangemaster.