201415.08.14 Leica Camera AG and the WWT continue their cooperation Leica Camera AG continues to back the ambitious project of the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) for the protection and preservation of the endangered spoon-billed sandpiper. This collaboration to save the unique wader from extinction began in 2013 and has now been renewed to guarantee the project’s long-term success. Leica Camera AG supports the breeding programmes and field expeditions of the WWT team and, in its function as exclusive optics partner of the organisation, equips its members with first-class optical equipment such as binoculars, spotting scopes and cameras for work in the field.
- 05.08.14 Leica Ball Head 18 / Leica SD-Card Etui The Leica 18 ball head, a product distinguished by its compact and nostalgic retro design, is new. It guarantees that the camera is held securely and steadily in all photographic situations and is particularly useful when frequently changing the camera position and shooting from various different angles. Precise engineering and the use of optimally harmonised materials ensures an ideal symbiosis of stability and low weight and thus guarantees many years of reliable service.
- 28.07.14 Leica Camera AG acquires majority holding in Leica Shop and WestLicht auctions in Vienna Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar has acquired almost 75 per cent of the shares of Peter Coeln GesmbH in Vienna. Both companies consider the transaction to be an excellent strategic option for the further expansion of their activities. The transaction also includes the acquisition of two Leica Stores and the WestLicht auction house in Vienna. Both parties have agreed that no financial details will be disclosed. Peter Coeln will continue to occupy the position of managing director of Peter Coeln GesmbH.
Schloss Bensberg Classics: Leica Camera AG setzt erfolgreiche Partnerschaft fort
Bereits zum sechsten Mal in Folge ist die Leica Camera AG Partner der Schloss Bensberg Classics, die vom 18. bis 20. Juli 2014 in Bergisch Gladbach und Umgebung stattfinden. Die Oldtimer-Veranstaltung der Premium-Klasse, die unter dem Motto „Very important cars only“ steht, zeichnet sich vor allem durch Exklusivität und Hochwertigkeit der teilnehmenden Automobilklassiker aus. Ins Leben gerufen wurden die Schloss Bensberg Classics mit Unterstützung der Leica Camera AG im Jahr 2009.
- 09.07.14 Firmware Update FW 126.96.36.199. für die LEICA M Leica Camera AG has posted the latest firmware update (FW 188.8.131.52.) for the Leica M on the company website. Users wishing to bring their camera up to date can now download the free update and take advantage of the numerous improvements for the Live View and video functions. Various suggestions and recommendations from customers with regard to a revision of the automatic ISO adjustment have also been taken into account. In addition to this, Korean is now also available as a menu language.
Leica M Limited Edition
On the occasion of the 100th anniversary, Leica Camera AG is releasing a series of Leica M cameras with special engraving. Both the silver chrome and the black paint versions of the legendary rangefinder camera will be available in a strictly limited run of 500 cameras engraved with the ‘100 years of Leica’ logo on the top plate. The specially engraved anniversary edition, appropriately labelled with a sticker on the box, is technically identical to the current model of the Leica M and is now available.
- 27.05.14 Leica Camera AG strengthens centralised corporate communication In view of the ongoing successful growth and the increasingly international orientation of the company, Leica Camera AG has restructured and increased the human resources of its central corporate communication.
- 23.05.14 The Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2014 The winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award and the Newcomer Award for 2014 have been chosen. Born in what was formerly Czechoslovakia, Martin Kollar has received the prestigious photography award for his project Field Trip, a portfolio of photos taken in Israel. The Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2014 goes to Alejandro Cegarra from Venezuela. His portfolio The Other Side of the Tower of David is dedicated to the squatters in an abandoned tower block in Caracas.
- 22.05.14 Valbray and Leica present unique chronographs On the occasion of the celebration of 100 Years of Leica Photography, Valbray – the renowned Swiss watchmakers from Lausanne – presents a special limited edition: the EL1 Chronograph. This watch is strictly limited to only 100 exemplars and is engraved with the Leica logo features on the crown and ‘100 Years of Leica Photography’ engraved on the back.
- 22.05.14 Inauguration of new Leica Headquarters It is both a beginning and a return. With the inauguration of its new and larger corporate headquarters, Leica Camera AG is returning to its roots. Wetzlar, in the German state of Hesse, is the birthplace of the Leica camera and the home of Ernst Leitz, the company that went on to become Leica Camera AG.