201818.05.18 Leica Camera AG and CW Sonderoptic GmbH award the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ to Jacqueline Lentzou This year’s Leica Cine Discovery Prize, awarded in the course of the ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ film festival, goes to the filmmaker’ Jacqueline Lentzou. Leica Camera AG and CW Sonderoptic GmbH congratulate the winner. Her film, ‘Ektoras Malo’, was honoured in the category ‘Short Film’, which includes prize money of 4,000 euros. In ‘Ektoras Malo’, the story takes place at New Year’s Eve and touches on elements such as loneliness and neglect. Sofia, the young protagonist, must come to terms with her doubts between excitement and sadness.
- 16.05.18 Bruce Davidson receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award 2018 On 15 June 2018, Leica Camera AG will be honouring American photographer Bruce Davidson with the Leica Hall of Fame Award. In his honour, a selection of pictures from his extensive oeuvre will be shown in the context of a major exhibition that will open to the public in the Leica Gallery in Wetzlar on 15 June and continue until 9 September 2018.
- 10.04.18 Leica Camera AG returns this year as official partner of ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ of Cannes Film Festival 2018 For the third year in succession, Leica Camera AG will be the official partner of the internationally renowned ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ – parallel section of Cannes Film Festival – and will be awarding the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ for the best newcomer in the short film category together with its affiliate CW Sonderoptic GmbH. La Semaine de la Critique (from 9th to 17th May 2018) focuses on the work of young and innovative filmmakers and is considered to be one of the world’s most influential film festivals. Continuing their support for young talents, Leica Camera AG and CW Sonderoptic GmbH will again be awarding the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ in the course of the renowned film festival.
- 09.04.18 Versatile wide-angle lens: Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35/3.5–4.5 ASPH. expands the SL-System The Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35/3.5–4.5 ASPH. wide-angle zoom lens complements the previously available portfolio of two zoom lenses for the Leica SL. Its range of focal lengths is ideal for a diversity of uses, ranging from landscape and architectural photography, wedding, event, and concert photography to reportage and documentary photography. In combination with the familiarly high product quality and imaging performance, its protected construction and special AquaDura® lens coating make this lens an ideal companion for professional photographers at all times, even in adverse weather conditions.
- 22.03.18 Leica Camera AG integrates Sinar Photography in its own organisational structure Within the context of the worldwide realignment of the Leica professional sales network, product management, marketing, sales and distribution and service for Sinar Photography products will be integrated into the newly created Professional Channel/B2B of Leica Camera AG and, in future, will be managed and controlled from Wetzlar. In the course of this, the Sinar offices currently located in Zurich will be closed with effect from 31.3.2018 and Sinar Photography AG will be merged with Leica Camera AG Schweiz, located in Nidau, Switzerland.
- 15.03.18 Leica confirms its commitment to photography as an official partner of Photo London 2018 As a camera and optics brand, Leica has been deeply involved in not only the production but the culture of photography since its inception. The brand’s passion for this art form is still something that it heavily involves itself in today. For Leica, photography has always been at the forefront of its thoughts and actions; Leica is photography. It is then befitting that for the third year running, Leica Camera will be the Official Partner of Photo London and is proud to host the Leica Collector’s Lounge.
- 14.03.18 Leica D-Lux Explorer Kit: the high-performance compact camera is now also available as a set with added extras Leica Camera AG is now offering the universal Leica D-Lux camera in a brand new set. In addition to the camera, the set also includes additional accessories such as the automatic lens cap. This intelligently designed lens cap enables users to take pictures at any time without having to remove the cap from the lens. And it never gets in the way, even for spontaneous snapshots with the zoom lens – the shutters of the lens cap open up automatically as soon as the lens is extended and the camera is ready to shoot. Also part of the set, the popular Leica Rope Strap in red is designed by COOPH and made from robust mountaineering rope.
- 08.03.18 NEW: Leica Tempus ASPH. With the new Tempus ASPH red dot sight, Leica Sport Optics makes hunting faster and more flexible. Leica is the first premium manufacturer to implement its red dot sight with asphere, guaranteeing an even crisper and more brilliant image of the illuminated dot, extremely high image quality as well as excellent viewing comfort.
- 08.03.18 Leica Noctivid as edition in olive green With the Leica Noctivid Leica Sport Optics has set a new standard in observation optics. More than a century of experience forms the basis for this new generation of Leica binoculars, offering unprecedented quality. Next to the black version, the Leica Noctivid models are now also available with olive green armouring.
- 08.03.18 New: Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’ Leica Camera AG presents an unusual special edition of its digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor: the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Stealth Edition’. Comprising a camera and a Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens, the edition was designed by Marcus Wainwright, founder and owner of the New York fashion label ‘rag & bone’. The aim of his design concept is the individualised perfection of existing icons. With the M Monochrom camera, the dedicated Leica photographer and lover of black-and-white photography takes the unobtrusiveness of the camera to extremes to create a unique design concept with fluorescent highlights.